CAPE WIND'S GORDON VOWS TO "MOVE IT FORWARD" AS BOEM WEIGHS LEASE
By Colin A. Young
STATE HOUSE NEWS SERVICE
STATE HOUSE, BOSTON, AUG. 2, 2017.....Facing opposition from lawmakers, fishermen, local officials, residents and environmental groups, the long-discussed Cape Wind Energy Project appears poised to secure permission from federal regulators to continue its efforts to build a wind farm in Nantucket Sound.
A project official and project opponents said the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) last week released a Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (FSEIS) on the Cape Wind project which keeps the project's lease intact. But agency spokesman Stephen Boutwell told the News Service in an email that an FSEIS on Cape Wind will be published on Friday.
Already a subscriber? Login to continue reading...
Get the Rest of the Story!
State House News Service subscribers include media outlets, corporations, non-profits and law offices of every size. You may request a free 21-day trial of the News Service for your company by submitting the form below.
Note to political campaigns: We do not accept trial requests from campaigns from June 24 through Election Day. However, we would be happy to start a pre-paid subscription for your campaign (except for constitutional offices) at a deeply-discounted rate of $21/week, paid through the election. Simply email Virginia Cummings to set up this subscription; she'll send you further instructions.
If you are already a subscriber and need access to SHNS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-722-2439.